Endeavors for Implementing Electrical Operation
We’ve been boosting vehicle fuel efficiency by refining our manual, automatic, and continuously variable transmission technologies. In the hybrid field, we’ve developed a 2-Motor Hybrid Transmission with Toyota Motor Corporation and a 1-Motor Hybrid Transmission independently.
We’ve also added a 1-Motor Hybrid Transmission to our lineup. Electrification of vehicles is here to stay.
- 2-Motor Hybrid Transmission for passenger vehicles
- This transmission houses the drive motor, power-generation motor, and dedicated hybrid-vehicle gearbox in a single unit. It achieves greater compactness in motor size.
- 1-Motor FWD Hybrid Transmission for passenger vehicles – Under Development
- The torque converter of automatic transmission is replaced with motor and clutch. Realized significant improvement in fuel economy through EV mode, which is enabled by clutch releasing engine and transmission.
- Hybrid Transmission for commercial vehicles
- This 1-motor hybrid transmission internally combines a hybrid module having an internal motor and clutch with an existing commercial-vehicle 6-speed automatic transmission
- Electric 4WD Unit
- This unit generates drive power for an electric 4WD system that drives the rear wheels by means of motors. It contributes to stable travel on snowy roads and other slippery surfaces.
- Electrical Four Wheel Drive Unit (eAxle) – Under Development
- Add-on mounting in the rear section achieves conversion to a PHV. This provides attractiveness befitting a premium 4WD vehicle at reasonable price, with implementation in EV units also possible.
Working to Expand Use of Electric Vehicles (EVs) and Fuel-cell Vehicles (FCVs)
We are accelerating optimized body and chassis design and the development of new motors and inverters.
The Aisin Group's core technologies make it possible to balance the joy of driving with a sustainable society.